RE: Open Ports

  • From: "Geldrop, Paul van" <paul.van.geldrop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 22:29:17 +0100

Aye, it has both good and bad applications. Dormant backdoors and the works.
Whether something is 'good' or 'bad', however, in my opinion, depends on the
intent.
Portscanning is generally also considered to be a 'bad thing', but it still has
its uses in, say, checking your network security baseline.