RE: Open Ports

  • From: Alexandre Gauthier <gauthiera@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 13:59:25 -0500

Whenever I hear GRC.com I shudder and start loosing hair. The vision of
Gibson's plump moustache brings vile, unspeakable things back to rise around
the taste buds on the back of my tongue.

And indeed "opening a port" (haha one more kitten/isa just died)only when
requested... wouldn't that be the equivalent of leaving it open?

It's akin to plugging your ears shut and opening them only when the phone
rings. How will you know it is ringing and that someone attempts to
communicate with you?

Either I misunderstood or something here is clearly illogical.