RE: Network Copier and Email

  • From: Ben Schorr <bms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 12:57:44 -1000

Yes, or maybe better would be to use the Exchange setting to enable relaying
only for clients with the specific IP addresses that correspond to the

We have Xerox DocuCentres that do e-mailing but we don't let them e-mail
directly out of the organization - our people e-mail the scanned docs to
themselves, review them for completeness and accuracy (and appropriateness)
and then e-mail from there to the recipient.  It's a minor pain to have that
extra step but we believe it reduces the chances of misrouting important
scanned documents.  The Xerox interface isn't great (limitations of the
little screen) and it wouldn't be that hard for somebody tapping on that
little touch screen to accidentally send a message to moe@xxxxxxxxxxx
instead of joe@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Ben M. Schorr, MVP-Outlook, CNA, MCPx3
Director of Information Services