Network Copier and Email

  • From: "Amy Babinchak" <amy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 21:33:11 -0500

A client just purchased and installed a Canon network
copier/fax/scanner/document storage, etc, etc, etc; it does everything.
One of the features is that a document can be scanned and sent via email
directly from it. However, there is no provision for it to log into the
domain. The only settings are for tcp/ip (including domain name) and
smtp/pop3 account info.

The emails aren't being sent. The helpful error message simply says
"error". Canon's wonderful support people were only able to tell me
that, no it can't log into a domain. They suggested that I enable
relaying on the MS Exchange server. Rather than do that I'd like to give
this thing permission to use port 25 to send its email.

I've got an SBS 2000 server to work with; it's setup to firewall clients
to access the Internet. With this configuration, is it possible in ISA
to allow a particular IP address access to port 25? The goal is for this
copier to be able to send email messages.

Amy