MSN Messenger

  • From: Dale Merrick <theuone@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 05:43:57 -0500

I followed the directions at the MS site as well as at ISAServer.ORG to
make MSN Messenger file transfers work, however it didn't work
completely.  I can receive files from people outside of my firewall but
I can't send them anything, what did I miss?

Also, what is the proper DNS configuration for ISA server?  The reason I
ask is that when I was configuring ActiveDirectory I had to create a
domain that doesn't really exist.  This domain can't be seen by the rest
of the world but ISA was still trying to go outside of my network to
locate it in DNS.  I finally configured my system to use my local DNS as
the primary DNS with my DNS server forwarding to my outside DNS servers.
This works but now it makes name resolution return the IP address of my
private network card when trying to get the IP of the ISAServer, at
least that's how it looks at the moment.  I'm still investigating.

However, everything works for the most part.  I can browse, chat, check
e-mail, etc.  Of course file transfers don't work.

Dale Merrick
theuone@xxxxxxxxxxx (home)
dmerrick@xxxxxxx (work)