Kinda_OT

  • From: "Scott Force" <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 08:31:29 -0700

I ungraded my domain to a Win2000(MM) this weekend.  All went well until I
came in this morning and all my Firewall clients called me to tell me they
couldn't get on the internet.  I did a little research and found that the
DNS name of my ISA (RRAS-VPN) Server was not being advertised correctly.
The Internal (Routing) interface (which I found out is needed for RRAS) is
getting an IP address from my DHCP server and this address was being
broadcast coming from ISA server, not the static one that I set and the
Firewall client is looking for.  Does anyone know a way around this to
prevent this from happening in the future?  Thanks in advance, Scott.