RE: Host Server Unreachable

  • From: "Ted Doholis" <tdoholis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 07:23:23 -0400

My guess is that the client is looking for the IP, getting the internal
address, and then the client is sending the traffic to the web proxy
service and ISA is seeing that it is a private IP and not useable on the
web thus host is unreachable.

If clients are web proxy or FW clients, all traffic is remoted to the
ISA server. The site needs to be accessible to ISA.

Is your DNS pointing inside or outside? Can ISA resolve internal
addresses?

This may be resolved by ensuring these sites are not proxied.

Ted Doholis
SaltSpring Software Inc.