Host Server Unreachable

  • From: "Wayne Berry" <wayne@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 10:22:37 -0700

In my remote office I have an ISA 2004 firewall that VPN's to a Rack in our
Co-location center.  In the rack is our web servers, and file servers.  I
have configured the networks on my ISA server and enabled every both
directions all users to communicate over the VPN back and forth from the
remote office and the rack.  This all works great for UNC, terminal server,
SQL Server and everything but web server.  When calling the web servers I
get:

Error Code: 500 Internal Server Error. The host server is unreachable.
(10065)

Pinging the web server from the remote office gives me the Internal IP
address of the web server, the IP in the rack.  So ISA 2004 should "know" to
route over the VPN and I can accessing this web server UNC path via that IP,
and the WINs name.

Can someone give me a clue to what is going on?  Is this error from ISA or
IIS?

-Wayne