[isalist] Re: Error establishing a VPN to the ISA server

  • From: "John T \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 16:45:04 -0700

Or what about a hotel that does not tell you that you can not send outbound
e-mail but instead quietly grabs it and sends it through its own proxy which
then causes havoc with SPF records and such because now that outbound
message is not going through your server but the hotels server.

John T
eServices For You

"Seek, and ye shall find!"

On Behalf Of
> Glenn P. JOHNSTON
> Sent: Wednesday, June 28, 2006 4:29 PM
> To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [isalist] Re: Error establishing a VPN to the ISA server

> The linksys unit Tom's link points at is infact the unit I have taken to
the Director in
> Melbourne.
>
> It's working a treat.
>
> But his still yelling and screaming, now about having to carry and extra
500grams of
> weight home !
>
> What an A. Hole !
>
> I'm also suprised to see them using a 192.168.110.x range, the reason I
suggest
> them using something well away from the common, 192.168.0.x,  192.168.1.x
or
> 192.168.2.x range was that most home BB routers 'out of the box' use these
ranges,
> as do the hotels I've come across in the past. I assumed, incorrectly.
that we'd be
> pretty safe moving well out of these common addresses ranges
>
> Another one we came across a few weeks back, was the inability to
establish a VPN
> link, this user was far more willing to be of assistance in sorting the
issue. Turns out
> the hotel's BB service was locked down, only allowing port 80 or 443
through.
> Everything else was blocked.
>
> Fortunately, in that instance the user was quite happy to use OWA for a
few days. So
> it was only a minor issue.

au.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?c=L_Product_C2&childpagename=AU%2FLayout&ci