[isalist] Re: Error establishing a VPN to the ISA server

  • From: "Glenn P. JOHNSTON" <glenn.johnston@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 16:41:20 +1000

No I think this is something to do with SBS.

I put a second IP onto my play w3K standard server, and I get a ping response
on both the old, and the NEW IP address, in both cases, with the new IP on the
same sub set, and the new IP on a different subnet. I can get a ping response
on both IP's from an appropriately configured notebook, and can attach to
fileshares, echange SQL exactly like you'd expect to be able to.

But, do the same thing on my play SBS 2003 premium server, and I only get a
response on the NEW address, the server stops responding to PING's on the old
address, whether it's on the same or different subnet. and of course, I can
connect to nothing on the OLD IP !!