[isalist] Re: Error establishing a VPN to the ISA server

  • From: "Thor (Hammer of God)" <thor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 12:19:11 -0700

Because it doesn¹t matter what the VPN subnet is. You could have a million
VPN¹s with a million different subnets and it won¹t make a bit of difference
if the destination IP is the same subnet as the local interface.  You would
have to dual-home your entire network with 2 different VPN¹s to avoid this.

In a ³single box² solution that Tom outlined, having multiple VPN¹s with
multiple subnets and multiple matching IP¹s bound to the single interface
would work, but only for that one box, and only for one ³fake² IP at a time
unless you created multiple boxes with multiple VPN endpoints.

On 6/28/06 11:20 AM, "D PIETRUSZKA USWRN INTERLINK INFRA"
<DPietruszka@xxxxxx> spoketh to all:

> Why not just create two VPN¹s, one with 1 subnet and the other one with
> another subnet, you won¹t have this problem again no matter on which hotel
> your customer stay.
> For us OWA/RPC HTTP don¹t work because we use RSA to authenticate user on OWA.
>

> Regards
> Diego R. Pietruszka

XP
>>> the