[interfacekit] Re: BTextView bug

  • From: Korli <korli@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: interfacekit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 22:51:13 +0100

DarkWyrm a écrit :

Hi,

i'm using BTextView in the input_server to display a window allowing to type with an input method.
It seems our rendering isn't on par with R5 BTextView.

a screenshot is provided as an attachment.

The font is be_plain_font : Haru (size 10). I built input_server linking against libhaiku.a

AFAICT, the only difference is the antialiasing .Since FT2 has different levels of glyph antialiasing, that shouldn't be an issue. I'm curious -- how did you obtain the shot under Haiku? In my most recent misadventures in testing BTextView, I couldn't seem to get the appropriate BWindow to accept keyboard messages sent to it from the server, so seeing this has me really intrigued.

Maybe you misunderstand here. I'm talking about Haiku BTextView only which i linked into input_server to show this window

It seems there is a placement problem, the blue zone isn't placed as expected : very near to the text displayed.

Bye,
Jérôme