[interfacekit] Re: BTextView bug

  • From: "DarkWyrm" <bpmagic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: interfacekit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 21:27:33 -0500 EST

> Hi,
>
> i'm using BTextView in the input_server to display a window allowing
> type with an input method.
> It seems our rendering isn't on par with R5 BTextView.
>
> a screenshot is provided as an attachment.
>
> The font is be_plain_font : Haru (size 10). I built input_server
> linking
> against libhaiku.a
AFAICT, the only difference is the antialiasing .Since FT2 has
different levels of glyph antialiasing, that shouldn't be an issue. I'm
curious -- how did you obtain the shot under Haiku? In my most recent
misadventures in testing BTextView, I couldn't seem to get the
appropriate BWindow to accept keyboard messages sent to it from the
server, so seeing this has me really intrigued.

--DW