[PCB_FORUM] micro vias or thin traces

  • From: sjchar3@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 10:55:15 -0500

questions i asked our board house, but i didn't get a response. I ordered the
IPC book but it hasn't arrived. Getting desperated. Right now i need to know if
board houses can do 2.6 mil traces.

I'm trying to lay-out a board using a .5mm pitch BGA. The pads are .012 mils
which leaves about .008 mils of space between pads. We are using the two
outside row so we could do this without vias, but that would mean 2.6 mil trace
with 2.6 mil space from pads. I would like to know what kind of technology we
can apply to this dense package.
If i can't use traces i will use 12 mil pad with 8 mil drill, is this possible?
Can your shop do micro via's? If so, can i get dimensions to use for creating
pads.

Thanks for any input.
Try the New Netscape Mail Today!
http://mail.netscape.com