[PCB_FORUM] Re: filled pads from gerbers to dxf

  • From: rick_joike@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 14:25:14 -0600

It would appear that you must first create a gerber file of the top and
bottom layers, then import them
into a Gerber viewer.  Make your dxf files from the Gerber viewer program
and your filled pads will
be there. This is normally what I do. I will be experimenting with
BluePrint in the near future for making
fab and Asm. drawings, that program uses the ODB++ input to create the
various fab and asm. elements.
One would think that Allegro would give you the option for exporting DXF's
with either hollow of filled pads.

Rick Joike
Printed Circuit Designer
Baxter Healthcare Corp.
Medication Delivery/Infusion Systems
847-270-2690
rick_joike@xxxxxxxxxx

|---------+---------------------------------->
|         |           icu-pcb-forum-bounce@fr|
|         |           eelists.org            |
|         |                                  |
|         |           03/28/2006 08:31 AM    |
|         |           Please respond to      |
|         |           icu-pcb-forum          |
|         |                                  |
|---------+---------------------------------->

>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:       <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                     |
  |       cc:
                                     |
  |       Subject:  [PCB_FORUM] Re: filled pads from gerbers to dxf
                                     |

>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Dharma,
I have had no luck with this either. Hatching the pads in AutoCad is an
option but not one we decided to use. If you are generating this data
for a customer review then you could create your Gerber view using a PDF
output instead of DXF. Otherwise the only solution I can think of is
modifying the data in AutoCad or some other MCAD tool.
Thanks
Tony Cosentino
Tekelec
919-460-3656