[PCB_FORUM] Re: differential spacing clearance specification problem...

  • From: "Dennis Nagle" <den@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 19:34:48 -0500

The naming might not be ideal, but the Min Line Spacing is meant to give
a DRC if both legs of the diff pair get too close. The gaps not only
control the spacing of the diff pair as they are routed but also define
when they are coupled. Uncoupling can occur by exceeding the gap values
and also by routing the two legs at a value less than either gap. All
spacing from a diff pair to any other object is still controlled in the
spacing cset.

If anyone is looking for a quick summary of diff pair constraints and
the specific changes in 15.2 (such as gaps by layer) you can check out
the following document:

        <install_dir>\doc\PCBmigration15x\highSpeed.html

You can also get to this through the Help > Migration Guide menu in
Allegro - it's buried at the bottom. In there is a table showing diff
pair parameters and their priority based on where they're set. This
table is relevant the diff pair discussion from 2 weeks ago 3/10 -
3/11).

Regards,
Dennis Nagle
Cadence