[PCB_FORUM] Re: Component disappearing from board while importing logic

  • From: Kevin McCowan <kmccowan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 07:41:32 -0500

Trilok,
I have (and most of us, probably) seen this many times
before. If revisions of the software have changed this can
cause the event you are seeing. There must be many reasons
for this to happen as it does seem to often. I usually
just place the components that came off back where they
were and move on. It can be difficult and time consuming
to try to figure out which little piece of data changed
to cause it. Since you say you have tried all possible
options I assume you have replace comps=always, right?
By the way are you importing from concept, capture or some
other tool?

Sorry I cannot offer a better solution on this.

Good luck,

Vivekananda R K - CTD, Chennai wrote:
Hi,
Please Check the Ref Des of the sch.If any ref des is changed than this problem may come the time of imprting the netlist in to the layout.Please check with annotated netlist.
Regards
K.Vivek