[PCB_FORUM] Re: Ram

  • From: "Mitch S. Morey" <cadpro2k@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 09:25:21 -0800 (PST)

Interesting question to Cadence Buck. I don't expect an answer.

I was amazed you only have 1/2G installed on your machines. Nowadays I'm
using 1G RAM on all the machines I use. The engineers using schematic
capture and documentation can still have less (as always). Unless their
machines are doing simulations, etc.

One other point is to look into video cards with as much onboard memory as
possible too. The cards are fairly cheap, and can improve performance.

Good day.
Mitch