[PCB_FORUM] Re: Ram

  • From: "Garrett Gilbertson" <Garrett.Gilbertson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 08:30:30 -0700

Windows 15.2
This brings up a question that I have been curious about.
How much Ram do the Layout Designers suggest having?

Garrett Gilbertson

"Watts III, Nolan" <nolan.watts.iii@xxxxxxxx>
Sent by: icu-pcb-forum-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
11/02/2005 08:23 AM
Please respond to icu-pcb-forum

        To:     icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        cc:
        Subject:        [PCB_FORUM] Pausing on commands, anyone else?

I'm seeing fairly consistent behavior out of the Allegro GUI by it pausing
on certain commands, most repeatable is the Display/Color.  The first time
you invoke this it takes around 7 seconds for it to appear.  Subsequent
picks of it brings it up immediately, but NOT if some considerable time
has passed, say 30 minutes.  It is as if there is some sort of caching
going on in the UI.  I've seen this in both 15.2 and 15.5 and I'm running
on high performance Precision 370 and 670 Dell's with lots of
memory(>2Gb), so one might assume hardware isn't the limiting factor.  I'm
wondering if this is common performance for other users.  If so, please
reply.  Otherwise, I'll submit a SR to Cadence.
Thanks for your help,

Nolan Watts