[PCB_FORUM] Re: Any comments on MakeDo?

  • From: Mark Salberg <msalberg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 06:18:47 -0400

It is MUCH easier than setting up constraints in Specctra! The menus are set up in Hierarchical rules order and is very user friendly to create your Do files. Once you try it you will not want to go back to creating Do files by recording a did file in Specctra.
The rules are commented within the do files to actually make sense. Very nice tool.

Mark

Dave Schaefer wrote:

Austin,

The free MakeDo is definitely a step up from a generic text editor.  If
you plan to do a lot of highly constrained designs (net topology
scheduling, length matching / control, etc.) or simply create a lot of
.do files  you should consider purchasing the enhanced version of
MakeDo.

A word of warning - if you do evaluate the enhanced version, you'll find
it very difficult to move back to the free version.

Dave Schaefer
dave.schaefer@xxxxxxx

-----Original Message----- From: icu-pcb-forum-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:icu-pcb-forum-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Austin Franklin Sent: Saturday, June 04, 2005 11:39 AM To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [PCB_FORUM] Any comments on MakeDo?

Hi,

I searched the archives, and don't find much info on the value of the
makedo
utility offered by DFM.  Anyone here have any comments on how useful it
is?
There appears to be a free MakeDO E that I may as well download and
check
out.

Regards,

Austin

Want to post a job listing ? DON'T DO IT HERE! Better yet, join our jobs listing forum.

Want to post a job listing ? DON'T DO IT HERE! Better yet, join our jobs listing forum.

Scanned by IBM Email Security Management Services powered by MessageLabs. For
more information please visit http://www.ers.ibm.com

Want to post a job listing ? DON'T DO IT HERE! Better yet, join our jobs listing forum.