[PCB_FORUM] Re: Any comments on MakeDo?

  • From: "Austin Franklin" <austin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 13:00:13 -0400

Hi Dave,

> The free MakeDo is definitely a step up from a generic text editor.  If
> you plan to do a lot of highly constrained designs (net topology
> scheduling, length matching / control, etc.) or simply create a lot of
> .do files  you should consider purchasing the enhanced version of
> MakeDo.

This is where I'm confused.  I'm able to use the Allegro Constraint Manager
to specify length matching and other constraints, and use Allegro to specify
net topology scheduling.  If I do that in Allegro, shouldn't that transfer
to Specctra as well?  If so, aside from better editing, what does MakeDo
offer me?

> A word of warning - if you do evaluate the enhanced version, you'll find
> it very difficult to move back to the free version.

Thanks for the warning ;-)  It's cheap enough though...compared to what the
Cadence tools cost.

Regards,

Austin

P.S. Cadence seems to be on vacation this week...from all the "out of
office" replies I got from Cadence personnel.