Re: [icon-users] Table headings on each page (etc. wish list)

  • From: Richard Porter <ricp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 19:03:32 GMT

On 31 Oct 2007 Russell Hafter - Lists wrote:

> On 31 Oct, Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> The only program that I really made to run on our
>> platform was Impression in its various forms.  This was
>> issued in emergent drips and drabs as each new feature
>> was added.  So eager was I to use all the features, I
>> spent time with each successive release note going
>> through everything.  But I don't, can't even, do this
>> with modern programs that I have acquired more recently.

> It was Impression (which drove me mad) that persuaded me to
> buy Easiwriter (or rather, Start Write, at the time, which,
> it seemed to me, did everything I expected of it at the time
> in the way that I expected. (I had been using MacWrite
> regualrly at work, at the time.)

I normally use Impression which is more suitable for what I do
(editing a monthly newsletter). I can't remember all the dribs and
drabs - I bought the bedongled version when I got my A5000 and the
Strongarm upgrade for my RPC. There were one or two extras that I
didn't bother with, apart from TableMate.

EW/TW is best for structured documentation and is useful for reading
Word files. I used to use FrameBuilder/Maker regularly at work, but
unfortunately it became big and bloated after Adobe got hold of it.

--
 _
|_|. _   Richard Porter               http://www.minijem.plus.com/