[icon-users] Table headings on each page (etc. wish list)

  • From: Mike Hobbs <mike.hobbs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 09:09:08 GMT

All the posts about tables and page breaking just reminded
me about a feature I'd like to see one day. That is, being able
to have a row of headings repeated at the top of every
page when a table gets split by page breaks. Its a feature
which exists in MS Word (although if its not automatic I
wouldn't know how to achieve it). When tables get very
large it can make them more easily readable.

Another useful feature would be the ability to cut and paste
chunks of table that straddle cells. I guess this might be
rather difficult to program but it would help me a lot.

Finally, a minor niggle, when you select all the text in a
table cell and cut/delete it the cell border attribute gets
deleted too. This is aggravating because you have to remember
to select all bar one character and delete the last character
with the delete key.

Nothing to report yet on 8.72 - its great!

--
Mike Hobbs