Re: [icon-users] TW hang when inserting cross-refs

  • From: John M Ward <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ICON-USERS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 10:59:51 +0100

In article <12051218041942_28279D4D@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   gwilliams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <gwilliams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote, in part:
> The latest such incident caused my CMOS RAM to get trashed.  It took
> some time to figure out how to reset my settings, so I'd like to not
> have this occur again.

I always save my settings to a file, via the menu in the Configure
facility, so that if anything like that should happen I can reload it
via the same menu or by double-clicking on the file if Configure isn't
available for some reason (!Boot.Choices.Configure.CMOS on RISC OS 4,
!Boot.Choices.CMOS on RO 5, !Boot.Choices.Hardware.Disabled.Configure.CMOS
on RISC OS 6).

It's also useful to spool one's *Status settings to a file, kept in a
handy place, just in case they too should ever become scrambled.

--
John Ward in Medway, Kent - using RISC OS since 1987
Now using an Iyonix, an A9home, 3 RiscPCs and Virtual-RPC!