[icon-users] TW hang when inserting cross-refs

  • From: "gwilliams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gwilliams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ICON-USERS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 18:04:19 +0000 (UTC)

I have an occasional problem with some operation in TechWriter completely
stiffing the system.  I'm running TW Pro V9.00 under Virtual RISC PC.
The latest such incident caused my CMOS RAM to get trashed.  It took some
time to figure out how to reset my settings, so I'd like to not have this
occur again.

Last night I was entering some cross-references into a 10MB TW document.
There are over 500 bookmarks in this document.  As I added in new links to
each cross-reference, there was a momentary hour-glass before the new
link was inserted into the document.  I created a new bookmark, went into
the test and inserted the cross-reference to that bookmark.  The system
hung.  I do not recall if the hang occurred before or after the hour-glass
appeared.

I also had this behavior when inserting a regular bookmark in the previous
version of TW.

Have others had this problem?  Is this a problem of TW?  Of RISC OS?  Or
of the underlying Windows system?

Gareth