[icon-users] TW hang when inserting cross-refs

  • From: "gwilliams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gwilliams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ICON-USERS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 17:52:07 +0000 (UTC)

My initial posting of this problem didn't produce any response relevant
to the hanging problem, so I'll try again.

I have an occasional problem with some operation in TechWriter completely
stiffing the system.  I'm running TW Pro V9.00 under Virtual RISC PC.

A few nights ago I was entering some cross-references into a 10MB TW document.
There are over 500 bookmarks in this document.  As I added in new links to
each cross-reference, there was a momentary hour-glass before the new
link was inserted into the document.  I created a new bookmark, went into
the text and inserted the cross-reference to that bookmark.  The system
hung.  I do not recall if the hang occurred before or after the hour-glass
appeared.

I also had this behavior when inserting a regular bookmark in the previous
version of TW.

Have others had this problem?  Is this a problem of TW?  Of RISC OS?  Or
of the underlying Windows system?

Gareth