Re: [icon-users] Plus ca change

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 12:00:49 +0200

In message <527c33a945john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          John Harrison <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Here's a puzzle.

> I saved an EW document and closed it.

> When I open it again, it has an asterisk in the header.  At this point I
> haven't even clicked in the window, let alone edited anything.

> If I try to close it, I get prompted to save.

Yes, that can happen with EW/TW documents. There are scenarios that
cause a document to be changed when it is loaded:

a) the document has date/time macros in it and the date format is
   set to "always update" ("Format => Set date format")
b) the document uses fonts that are not present and is reflowed when
   it is loaded to match substituted fonts
c) the document is slightly broken and is repaired on loading

Martin