[icon-users] Plus ca change

  • From: John Harrison <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Icon users <icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2012 15:19:47 +0100

Here's a puzzle.

I saved an EW document and closed it.

When I open it again, it has an asterisk in the header.  At this point I
haven't even clicked in the window, let alone edited anything.

If I try to close it, I get prompted to save.

I tried saving it (with a different name so I could compare the results).
The first time, the file I had saved showed the same behaviour when I
re-opened it, but after a couple of goes it seemed to save in a form that
opened normally.

I compared the different files.  The ones that opened normally were 10
bytes longer than the original.

Any idea how a file can think it's been altered as soon as it is opened?

Regards

--
John Harrison
Website http://jaharrison.me.uk