Re: [icon-users] Introducing the Style Finder

  • From: Harriet Bazley <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 23:13:21 +0100

On 23 Oct 2007 as I do recall,
          Martin Wuerthner wrote:

[snip]

> While you are waiting I would like to introduce you to another brand
> new feature in the new version: the Style Finder. This useful little
> window is the perfect companion to the Style Editor. It permanently
> sits next to your document and as you move the cursor through the
> document it automatically updates to show you the full hierarchy of
> styles applied at the cursor position.

Oh, I didn't realise it did that as well!

One little point - it seems to get the window size consistently slightly
wrong. If you look at the Style Finder window, you always see the top
edge of the next two (unused) icons showing at the bottom of the window,
instead of cutting off smoothly between icon pairs:   it looks as if
it's calculating the required size four OS units or so too large.

(It's just occurred to me that this might be a sign of some fancy window
border configuration that conceals the bottom edge of the window under
RISC OS Adjust, or something....)

--
Harriet Bazley                     ==  Loyaulte me lie ==

Even a cabbage may look at a king.