Re: [icon-users] Help - Urgent - pdf/artworks

  • From: Tim Hill <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, archive-online@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2015 23:00:43 +0000 (GMT)

In article
<62470.82.153.33.53.1450442229.squirrel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Gerald
Dodson <gerald.dodson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Apologies for posting to two groups but ...

Trying to produce a card based on my late wife's painting.

I have assembled front and back in two separate draw files. They
printed satisfactorily earlier but after changed all cartridges (Epson
D88), the images now have banding.

A local print shop can print just about in time but obviously need pdf.

[Snip]

The print shops I use can also manage with bitmaps. It could be big
though because you'll want to make it at least 300 dpi for a card,
probably more.

IME it is much safer creating and sending bitmaps than PDF as it is now
one of the least reliable formats there is other than Word. My current
favourite print shop always asks for bitmaps as well if you send them
PDFs so they can check it has all rendered correctly: they have received
many PDFs which don't render properly and these have caused problems and
irate customers. They have even added a permanent standard paragraph
about this to their quotes.

--
Tim Hill
www.timil.com