Re: [icon-users] Ctrl-C, Ctrl-X Annoyance in Tables

  • From: John Harrison <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 May 2012 17:30:21 +0100

> >> What happens is that both Ctrl-C and Ctrl-X copy the whole of the cell
> >> contents to the clipboard, and Ctrl-X deletes the whole of the cell
> >> contents, not just the selected text. Ctrl-V pastes everything into
> >> the new cell.

> > Yes, you have to be careful to select the text within the cell, rather
> > than select the whole cell.  I find that dragging through the text to
> > select is better (especially if there is a stray space at the end that
> > you can leave out of the selection).

> But I had only selected part of the text which was shown in reverse
> video. Surely if the whole cell was selected then it should all be
> reversed?

Are you sure you only had text selected, and not the whole of the enclosed
paragraph?

The EW document model doesn't support multiple paragraphs in a cell, so if
you try to paste in a whole paragraph, it will replace the paragraph that
is there.

You might argue that isn't a desirable behaviour, but doing otherwise would
be inconsistent.

My suggestion of drag selecting was to ensure that you copied a text
selection, not a paragraph.

Regards

--
John Harrison