Re: [icon-users] Ctrl-C, Ctrl-X Annoyance in Tables

  • From: John Harrison <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 May 2012 15:08:48 +0100

> What happens is that both Ctrl-C and Ctrl-X copy the whole of the cell
> contents to the clipboard, and Ctrl-X deletes the whole of the cell
> contents, not just the selected text. Ctrl-V pastes everything into
> the new cell.

Yes, you have to be careful to select the text within the cell, rather than
select the whole cell.  I find that dragging through the text to select is
better (especially if there is a stray space at the end that you can leave
out of the selection).

> Btw this was in a Word document.

AFIA the effect is the same whatever the source of the document.

Regards

--
John Harrison
Website http://jaharrison.me.uk