[icon-users] WIBLI. Was: CTRL-C, CTRL-V annoyance

  • From: Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 15:44:00 +0100

On 11 Apr 2012  glavallin <glavallin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <87bbd47d52.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> On 9 Apr 2012  Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> In article <527dd0005elists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Chris Bell (Lists)
>>> <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snip]

>>> A superb utility that creates tool bars around EW document window.
>>
>> Invaluable IMHO. See http://stewy.drobe.co.uk/
>>
>> It stands for "Wouldn't it be lovely if..."
>>
>> Also has sidebars for StrongED and I think ArtWorks.
>>

>  Problem with WIBLI here as it goes byebye if a Zap window is opened
> ( Techwriter 8.60) os 5.16). I like to read my email while I thinking what
> to write in my document next. Have to save file, remove Techwriter and then
> reload; bit of a pain.

Don't know about Zap  which I've never used, but I've just done an
experiment with StrongED running its sidebar.

Open EasiWriter document, WIBLI sidebar in position. Open StrongED
document, its sidebar appears, and the EasiWriter one disappears.
Click in EasiWriter window, StrongED's sidebar disappears and
EasiWriter's one reappears. It looks as if only the app with the input
focus can have a sidebar, and I wonder if the same happens with Zap. I
don't have ArtWorks, so I can't say if the same happens with that.

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter   \  /      zfc Hf     \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
and      \/ __            __  \                              England.