[icon-discuss] Re: thumb braille mode

  • From: Jason Castonguay <jcast@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 23:25:16 -0500

Initially, I was thinking this way as well, but it seems even more
difficult to me with dots 1, 2, and 3, being on 7, 4, and 1 and 4, 5,
and 6 being on 9, 6, and 3 now that I understand how it works.  I don't
know if this will help you at all, but I visualize the Braille cell to
help me figure out where the dots go.  I find I can still use both hands
to type this way and I've gotten used to thinking of the braille
character's dots and putting my fingers in those positions rather than
thinking like a traditional perkins typist.  I don't know.  Perhaps both
braille modes would be nice...

-Jason

On Mon, Feb 19, 2007 at 19:14:53 -0500, David Poehlman wrote:
right.

On Feb 19, 2007, at 12:05 PM, kevin@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hello, so I heard about the icon's thumb braille mode, but it doesn't make sense. To me it would make sense if braille dots 1 2 3 were keys 7 4 1 and dots 4 5 6 keys 9 6 3 then you could use both hands and 6 fingers to type on it, how can you do that with the current configuration? Maybe the icon
could offer both modes.
Kevin

--
Jason Castonguay <jcast@xxxxxxxx>