[icon-discuss] Re: The Braille plus as a cell phone.

  • From: David hilbert Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hillco@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 10:27:30 -0400

actually, there is going to be nls availability probably through daisy worm.

Sendero only costs $5.00 I know you may have to pay more for better capability
though.

On Mar 26, 2011, at 9:28 AM, Chris Hill wrote:

I agree.  My referbished iphone 3gs set me back a whopping $100 last summer, no
need to reinvent it.  I paid $24.99 for a good gps program, and all the
wireless data I need costs me $15 a month.  I'd far rather see innovation go
into the software because I have yet to find a decent word processor for my
iphone.  I don't think my iphone will ever be able to read nls books, so that
is another reason to carry a second device around.  I wouldn't want to pay
extra for a gps or wireless data since I already have them.

On 3/25/2011 23:28, Tim Cumings wrote:
> Buy the samsun haven if you're a verizon user. It's one-tenth the price
> of a braille plus and very accessible.
> Instead of putting a phone in the braille plus and icon, i'd much rather
> see some major improvements, such as improvements in the word processor,
> the ability to go through words letter by letter phoenetically, and the
> ability to easily switch between two open ffiles withe one keystroke.
> I'd also like to be able to copy an entire web page to the clipboard
> easily.
>

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Brandon Keith (Biggs)"
> <brandonboy13@xxxxxxxxxxx>

>>> it. I have a Nokia and I am going to get an iPhone when it is time to