[icon-discuss] Re: The Braille plus as a cell phone.

  • From: "Yadiel Sotomayor" <yadosotomayor@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Brandon Keith \(Biggs\)" <brandonboy13@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <kf4yni@xxxxxxxxx>, <snakeguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "icon list" <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 11:41:08 -0400

If it is an accessible "phone" go with any nokia with talks with mobielspeak. If you want a scanning phone go with the KNFB reader (wich I own and love) or with an iPhone. And finally if you want a fully accessible smart phone usable a hundred percent by blind people, go with an iPhone. I don't like the phone feature being integrated on the device. I found it overkill. Just give me a great pda, with data connection (wifi 3g/4g) a great word processor, book search and reading capabilities, great voices and braille and a web browser and I am sold. Why you don't include blio while you are at it as well. But a phone? With something that big? Nop. and If some how they make it small enough, it will be unconfortable to type. I just know.