[ian-reeds-games] Re: Your top 3 most wanted features

  • From: "Carlos Macintosh" <sleepio1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2013 16:42:02 -0500

Hi ian, don't know why, but this particular email landed in my junk mail folder! Well here's my top 3:

1. support for random numbers either as a single number or an x D y thing, as I ave mentioned before 2. I would really like to see multiplayer features added. Connect to an IP address, the game hoster selects a map or allows the person who joined to select one. Map downloading would occur if the joiner didn't have a map. Then the players could see what was happening and hear everything that was happening as it happened. I'm not quite sure how to deal with the fog of war issue in multiplayer. Maybe you could hear a click or something every time your opponent did something so that you knew he as moving and not like idling or something. Of course there'd be text chat features. I know that would be a huge undertaking. 3. trophies/ unlockable content. Back in version 1.09 of tb I was looking at the getting started maps and saw a trophies folder. I really don't know how you could define conditions for trophies in maps, but each map pack would have its own set of trophies. You'd probably have to make some new map flags and trophy flags. Like here might be a sample trophy file

trophies\flying solo.txt
trophy
1
wow, your strategic skills rae excellent. Even though all the rest of your units were massacred, you still managed to come through and win!
map_number=3 //this would be the number before the dash in your map pack.
unit_alive=cluny
all_other_unit_effects=death

In the same vein, unlockable content would apply to a map. Winning would unlocking the next map in the series. Perhaps 2 flags would suffice: unlock_map= and then the map number or unlock_next_map which would simply unlock the next map in numerical sequence

wow that's long-winded. THanks for reading.