[ian-reeds-games] Re: Your top 3 most wanted features

  • From: Austen Perry <austentheaxewielder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 09:24:59 -0600

well, nice to see how many items have been implemented as far as the
previous top 3 d.
here are mine, wich are well thought after features lol.
1 submap buildings, or a tile that expands in to its own little
submap, good for creating a warehouse that instead of surving a
funciont would be like a shelter to those inside, and could be a way
to hide. it could also surve as planets in my space maps, the tile
would say earth 1 1 and when on the tile the keys shift down arrow
could be pressed and your cursor would be then in that tiles submap,
to exit shift jp arrow. my thought is, when a unit is on the tile,
there could eighther be an option to enter tile in the units list,
that would only show up on such tiles or have a key that enters and
exits the unit like when on a unit pressing control e for enter. there
could be a setting to make a tile on the sub map connect to the tile
on the main map so that all units entering have to enter on to that
tile and exit from that tile. if this was iplemented, eventualy it
would be interesting to have a planet tile at 1 1 then a nother planet
at 2 1, then in the submap 1 1 would be the entrance exit to 1 1 on
main map and another tile could be the entrance exit to 2 1, therby
creating 2 entrances in to the sub map.
2
esentialy for my second ranked want go to the previous e-mail and read
allens second want lol, as its mine.
to specify though, i want to use it as if a certain unit dies, instead
of death they would turn in to a zombi, so basicly a zombi could have
a skill called turn, then use it on your unit, then when it dies it
would turn in to a zombie.
or, like death flag in effects could have a summon in to flag, so some
units could have at 0 health summon warewolf or the likes.
i also like the idea of a skill that turns the unit in to something
emediately, a man in to warewolf, a vampire in to a bat, a citizen in
to a soldier, would be nice to see.
3 my last item is bonus items.
i know you are working on so many things and since it hasn't been
brought up in a while i would like to see not neccarily items that
stay with the unit, but say an item called clip could be placed like
everything else, then when a unit goes over the tile 1 they would
emediatelly pick it up or 2 would have a skill in the unit list called
take item wich would pick up whatever was on the square.
this would be nice with doors, as instead of killing dorors you could
take an item, wich would then give the unit a skill called unlock
green for green dor or whatever that would work on that particular
door.
it would also make finding more amo for weapons nicer, more med kits
for healers, grenades and likes.
but i want it to be like finding tbonuses not actual items that can be
dropped as that makes it harder than what i'm suggesting.

hope these can be implimented!

austen