[ian-reeds-games] Tactical Battle 1.12 dev 2

  • From: Ian Reed <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 18:00:05 -0700

Hey all!

I'm releasing 1.12 dev 2.

Here are the changes for dev 2:
5 Made it so that self_effects and self_remove_effects still occur even when a skill fails due to the chance= flag. This allows an exhaustion effect to still occur on the caster even though the spell failed. 6 Added the ability to have more than one sound associated with a unit's cursor or death sounds and skill sounds. Each time the game should play one it chooses randomly from the list associated with that sound. 7 Made it so that when a skill fails the game attempts to play the skilName_fail.wav sound instead of the normal sound. 8 Made it so if no fail sound exists for the skill it will play "skill_fail.wav" if one is available. 9 Fixed a bug where defeating a unit that blocked sight would not make the tiles behind it become visible. 10 Fixed a bug where splash effects would announce damage to a particular point even when it was 0. 11 Fixed a bug where if 2 map packs had intro music with the same filename the first music file played when you moved to the second map pack.

I also fixed saving and loading which was broken in dev 1.

Check the user guide for details about the new sound features.

Thanks for the great thoughts about changing terrain and other things.

I've read through them but don't have the time to respond right now.

Here's the link for dev 2:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/43120001/Tactical%20Battle%201.12%20dev%202.zip

Enjoy!