[ian-reeds-games] Re: A response

  • From: Zak Claassen <zak.claassen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 23:11:30 +0200

Tile effects could fill in for temporary terrain, so replacing terrain
doesn't necessarily have to have a timer attached to it.  If both
skills and effects can change terrain that would be a solution to
splash_effects also causing changes to terrain.  This also reminds me,
could you add the not_affect_flying flag to skills too?  What I had in
mind was making melee attacks not reach flying units.  Oh and one more
thing I thought about, having just effects applied to a unit when a
point reaches 0 is a bit limiting, it would be useful to make it do
something, like explode when it has been defeated or whatever.  Maybe
if you could specify a skill which should be automatically triggered
when a point reaches 0.  That way you could do more useful things with
points reaching 0, like having a structure doing something every
number of turns by making it lose a point per turn but having the
skill triggered restore its points again.