[ian-reeds-games] Re: Tactical Battle 1.11 dev 10

  • From: "Allan Thompson" <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 11:43:29 -0500

Hi Shawn,
That the star trek map isn't finished or borke is purely out of a desire to get
feedback, for people to tell me if it sucked, if I should do this or that on a
particular map and the like.
I apologize for my maps not being error free and fully prepared. That was a
mistake on my part and I apologize.
I assume you are talking about drones that have a range of0.
Drones are pilot controlled missiles, not unlike current technology drones.
To make a drone move before you do, you can hit control+A and it will move, go
tot he nearest enemy ship, and then explode.

If you are controlling it, you  have a limited range, up to six spaces, and
when you are on the same tile as a target, you hit the tab key. This causes the
focus to switch fromt he drone to another ship on the same tile, int his case,
the drone. The drone should then explode by pressing E and damage the target
ship, while taking itself out int he process.

when I set up the resistance map, I wanted to hear how well the borg message
went along with the music soundtrack for the map, and I put a few good ships
and the borg cube down intot he map just so it wouldn't automatically win and
kick me out again. I don't know why it doesn't continue to work after the first
round so maybe I forgot to give the cube some restorable point somnewhere.

I also regularly update the maps, although I am bad at notifying everyone...

Do you have any thoughts ont he star trek maps? good or bad I wouldn't mind
hearing it.

Thanks for trying it out. I will try to do better next time.