[HFbeacons] Re: Greyline Beacons 5 December 2013

  • From: Brandon J <bdjorda@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: WJ5O <wj5o@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2013 17:55:09 -0600

Hi Bill. Thank you for the reply!

Fluttery signals remind of of long-path or some trans-polar propagation that I
am familiar with from a few decades of SWBC DX. Is backscatter a longpath mode?

I have had a handful of overnight receptions, generally only out to 500 miles
or so, that only last a minute or two at best. I have assumed that these must
be meteor scatter due to the brief window of reception. Sometimes a signal will
fade up from the noise floor to 599 and fade back out a minute or two later.
Very interesting...

73,
Brandon