[openbeos] Re: string.h

  • From: Erik Reid <reide@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 21:07:31 -0700

Quoth p.willis@xxxxxxxxx:
>Hello All,
>
>I am doing the posix library for openbeos.
>I am almost finished the memory.h, string.h
>list (tip of the iceburg).

Cool. :)

>Should I put code in to handle different machine-word bit lengths or is that
>important at this time?

At least mark off where it should be, if you don't put it in.  Make it fairly
easy for someone to do later.  I think that ease of portability would be really
nice, because it might be attractive to do sgi or sun support, and those would
require both byte order and word size changes.

(I actually don't know how interested other people are in sun/sgi support,
anyone wanna speak up?)

>Internet service provided by telus.net  http://www.telus.net/

Cool, another Canadian. :)