[openbeos] Re: static libs for drivers

  • From: "Ingo Weinhold" <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 00:57:18 +0200 CEST

Tyler Dauwalder <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > If you like, I can send you a generic List class (similar to BList,
> > but
> > works also with non-pointer type members), a hacked version of
> > OpenHashTable from the Tracker sources including some fixes for
> > kernelland usage and using areas for storing its data, and a
> > generic
> > AVL tree implementation, oh, and a simple doubly linked list. All
> > kernel tested.
>
> You know, perhaps it would be good if we gathered together a nice
> little collection of generic data structures for kernel usage. Unless
> we feel like making the STL available in the kernel; I do miss it
> from
> time to time... :-)

Hehe. Yep, I also think, it would be a good idea to collect some
generics. The main challenge will be to find a common level of
abstraction. The latest classes I wrote are probably a bit too
flexible, which makes them less convenient to use. Earlier ones were
very simple to use (with like one and only one template parameter), but
were not applicable (or less performant,...) in some situations. I'm
still struggling to find the balance.

CU, Ingo