[haiku] Re: ralinkwifi driver RT2561/RT61 (irq issue)

  • From: Colin Günther <coling@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 11:36:17 +0100

Hi Peter,

Am 19.02.11 23:08, schrieb Peter Nadas:
Dear Haiku Folks,

I'm having difficulties using the ralinkwifi driver on my laptop and I have been told on the support forums that I might get some help here. I have been looking into this problem lately, and it seems that the root of the problem lies at IRQ routing.

At the driver init I see the followings in the syslog:

KERN: ralinkwifi: init_driver(0x811c2e00)
KERN: [ralinkwifi] (ral) bus_alloc_resource(3, [16], 0x0, 0xffffffff, 0x1,0x2)
..
KERN: [ralinkwifi] (ral) bus_alloc_resource(1, [0], 0x0, 0xffffffff, 0x1,0x6)
KERN: [ralinkwifi] (ral) could not allocate interrupt resource

it is pretty likely releated to ticket #5 as you pointed out already.
If you have some experience in getting irq-values with the help of linux and hard-coding the irq for your wifi-card you wouldn't have to wait for it. Have a look at http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/5511 where it is described in more detail what I outlined here.

[...]
Cheers,
Peter

Ciao,