[haiku] ralinkwifi driver RT2561/RT61 (irq issue)

  • From: Peter Nadas <gif@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 23:08:02 +0100

Dear Haiku Folks,

I'm having difficulties using the ralinkwifi driver on my laptop and I have
been told on the support forums that I might get some help here.
I have been looking into this problem lately, and it seems that the root of the
problem lies at IRQ routing.

At the driver init I see the followings in the syslog:

KERN: ralinkwifi: init_driver(0x811c2e00)
KERN: [ralinkwifi] (ral) bus_alloc_resource(3, [16], 0x0, 0xffffffff, 0x1,0x2)
..
KERN: [ralinkwifi] (ral) bus_alloc_resource(1, [0], 0x0, 0xffffffff, 0x1,0x6)
KERN: [ralinkwifi] (ral) could not allocate interrupt resource

The bios won't let me change anything (regarding acpi or pnp os) besides
date/time and boot order.
I have been trying every combination of removing every possible drivers that
may acquire irq-s from the wifi driver,
as well as safe mode in lots of combinations, but without any luck so far.

Upon investigating I stumbled into the future Haiku features poll page (prop
#4),
but I'm not sure this is the one I need to wait for. Anyhow, if someone knows a
way around this until there's a solution
for ticket #5, please let me know.

listdev output is saved here: http://gif.7miles.hu/syslog.txt
syslog here: http://gif.7miles.hu/syslog.txt

You may check the whole conversation at:
http://www.haiku-os.org/community/forum/ralinkwifi_driver_rt2561rt61

Cheers,
Peter