[haiku] Re: ralinkwifi driver RT2561/RT61 (irq issue)

  • From: Peter Nadas <gif@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 11:49:29 +0100

On Feb 24, 2011, at 9:27 PM, Stephan Aßmus wrote:

> Sounds a bit strange. What docs did you follow, www.haiku-os.org/guides ?
> It's also possible that svn checkout didn't complete, you should be able to
> get any missing files via svn up. Last night, I could at least still build
> Haiku without any local changes.

I was checking out on a linux filesystem which strangely couldn't create some
utf8 filenames.
I checked out via the wired interface in Haiku, then all was fine.

I have some questions though, as I didn't manage to bring up the interface yet.

These are the ralinkwifi driver's entries in the syslog:

KERN: [ralinkwifi] (ral) bus_alloc_resource(3, [16], 0x0, 0xffffffff, 0x1,0x2)
KERN: [ralinkwifi] (ral) bus_alloc_resource(1, [0], 0x0, 0xffffffff, 0x1,0x6)
KERN: [ralinkwifi] (ral) could not allocate interrupt resource

I found the error message in if_ral_pci.c, at line 202

This is the code part that handles allocation:

        psc->irq_rid = 0;
        psc->irq = bus_alloc_resource_any(dev, SYS_RES_IRQ, &psc->irq_rid,
            RF_ACTIVE | RF_SHAREABLE);
        if (psc->irq == NULL) {
                device_printf(dev, "could not allocate interrupt resource\n");
                return ENXIO;
        }

I was following Colin's tip (http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/5511),
and also found something here:
//www.freelists.org/post/haiku-bugs/Haiku-6753-KDL-after-bootup,14

So i added the following line without any luck (after the section above):

psc->irq->r_bushandle = 0x07;

The driver compiled but I don't think this would help me as I'm getting the
error from bus_alloc_resource_any,
so psc->irq will be NULL.

(Let me note please that my knowledge of driver hacking is very limited;)

I appreciate any help, thanks in advance:)

Peter