[haiku] Re: openzfs announcement

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Haiku ML <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 11:05:01 -0400

On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 9:19 AM, Neil Munro <neilmunro@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Speaking as a lurker, occasionally murmuring at various things, I'd rather
> see the effort put into package management, multi-user support, Web Positive
> work, and R1, you know, the basics done, before then by all means support as
> many file systems as you like.

I think most of the Haiku contributors who actually want to use Haiku
as their main OS would completely agree with you, so don't worry.

But being informed about OpenZFS isn't a terrible thing.

Though I think what will make sense for Haiku in the future when it
comes to file systems is making BFS2, and borrowing the good ideas
from other modern file systems, while still keeping the spirit of BeOS
and Haiku that BFS represents.

--
Regards,
Ryan