[openbeos] Re: openbeos Digest V2 #2

  • From: "Nathan Whitehorn" <nathan.whitehorn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 11:43:43 -0600 (CST)

> Not entirely true, as there was already talk (by GCC experts) about
> recompiling everything with GCC, and creating a binary loader that
> could handle the translation from GCC 2.x to GCC 3.x ABI :)

Just out of curiousity, how difficult would it be to write a short app
that pulls in an ELF file, reads the export/import tables, and
translates them GCC 2 to GCC 3, then writes the corresponding ELF with
the new ABI=3F Such a utility would be a lot more flexible than modifying
the loader.
-Nathan

--
Fortune Cookie Says:

Democracy is a device that insures we shall be governed no better than
we deserve.
                -- George Bernard Shaw