[openbeos] Re: openbeos Digest V2 #2

  • From: jaf <jaf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2002 23:34:06 -0800 (PST)

>BeShare will support an awful lot. Anyone know an upper limit?

As far as maximum number of simultaneous users, the limit is determined
by the FD_SETSIZE
of the operating system that hosts the server.  Under BeOS that number
is 1024; it may be
larger on other OS's but is not likely to be smaller.

>Yes, that is the problem. It is beos native. you can't communicate
with other when using for example
>Solaris, Linux, freeBSD, Windows except you use the java client.

Well, the Java client is usable under those OS's, and I have also seen
a nice Qt-based BeShare client
running under Linux...  it was named "Enkroach" IIRC.

Cheers,
Jeremy  :^)